Friday, April 22, 2011

Teal Storms

Finished up a new painting last week. I have jumped around enough over the past 2 years and have now focused on what I love to paint. Aside from painting, and art, I am a closet weather geek. I like watching storms roll in, and cloud formations. Weather usually seems to show up in my art, if I meant it to or not. This new painting is of a small set of clouds rolling in just before a set of storms pass by.

I tried a new way of varnishing my art this time also. I used an Epoxy Resin to coat the canvas once I was finished. It wasnt the easiest or quickest, but I like the results. Though there is a very strong glare off the art, it really makes the color pop(as you will see below). the resin creates almost a plastic coating on the art. I will not bore you with how the epoxy resin works, but linked here is a site that I followed for the most part...
http://johnnybotts.blogspot.com/2011/01/how-to-apply-epoxy-resin-to-artwork.html


Teal Storms
36x32 mixed media on canvas covered in epoxy resin


Think the contrast on a brick all works well


Detail before epoxy resin


Detail after epoxy resin


Kona wanted to get in on the action. You can also see the glare off the resin.


Detail with resin

No comments:

Post a Comment