Wednesday, May 4, 2011

And Now.. For Something Completely Different

For a while we had been looking for a shoe rack/table to put keys/wallets/purses near our front door. Something to clean up the area a little. We could never find exactly what we wanted and fit the small area. I decided to take matters into my own hands....... I am in no way a woodworker or a woods craftsman... just like to tinker with stuff, so the images make the project look better then it really is ;).. I used for the most part recycled wood left over from picture frames I make for my large canvases. I think there are 4 different types of wood in this table. It was a fun beginner project, and am already thinking my next garage project is going to be building floor to ceiling shelves along one side of the garage.

Detail of different types/sizes of wood trim I used for the top.


Before Stain

Finished

No comments:

Post a Comment